And now the time has come...
I think the time has come when I have to write my last blog entry. I’ve been putting this off for a long time – a big part of me is still convinced that being home is just some temporary thing. That I’ll back in my lovely house, with my happy neighbours & friends at some point. That I’ll sit in the library again and hatch plans about what needs ‘doing’!
Being home is great. Settling in isn’t so much of a challenge – but feeling settled is something different. I guess that just comes with time. I miss Nigeria every day. Not necessarily the crazy roads or basic food – but I miss the people. I miss greeting and being greeted. I miss random conversations on the back of an okada. I miss the strange and obscure events that littered my days. I miss our weekend gatherings. It’s a great thing to have two places in the world where you feel at home. But it’s a terrible shame that you can’t be in both places at once :-)
Being home is great. Settling in isn’t so much of a challenge – but feeling settled is something different. I guess that just comes with time. I miss Nigeria every day. Not necessarily the crazy roads or basic food – but I miss the people. I miss greeting and being greeted. I miss random conversations on the back of an okada. I miss the strange and obscure events that littered my days. I miss our weekend gatherings. It’s a great thing to have two places in the world where you feel at home. But it’s a terrible shame that you can’t be in both places at once :-)

<< Home