adventures in minna

a diary of life in minna, nigeria... and a way to keep tabs on me!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Back again...

Arrived back in Minna yesterday after a month at home. My holiday was brilliant and relaxing, but it was time to come back. I think I realised I missed Nigeria one day when I was standing at a bus stop. I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to buy batteries and looked around for a ‘small boy’ to hunt some down for me. In Nigeria there is always a small child ready to help in just such moments…
Home was great. Much eating, drinking and merriment with family and friends. Lots of shopping, reading books (that I chose rather than anything written in the English language), and constant electricity and water. Even the weather was a bit of a relief (just for the first 5 minutes though).