adventures in minna

a diary of life in minna, nigeria... and a way to keep tabs on me!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

DVD heaven...

The oath I swore in library school to protect copyright law is under threat. Okay so there isn’t an oath as such, its library school not superhero school; the similarities are a touch more subtle, but that’s another story.
Here in Nigeria its movie bliss. You can get up to 9 films for a N600 disk (€4). But the real fun starts when you get the disk home:
- I’ve seen approx 96min of the 118min Elizabethtown (damn thing stuck)
- I’ve had that authentic cinema experience while watching the latest John Cusack flick (added extra is the guy who cant sit still in the row in front of you)
- I’ve enjoyed dictionary-proofed subtitles (translated via Arabic I reckon)
But the best DVD of all was a freebie Nor brought from home – 2 episodes of Fr Ted. Worked perfectly. Would make a believer of anyone!