adventures in minna

a diary of life in minna, nigeria... and a way to keep tabs on me!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rain...

The rain has been getting heavier and more frequent, and my initial theory that it only rains at night and in the early morning has been thoroughly disproved!
But the rain cools everything down and I sometimes even forget to turn on the ceiling fans (which I would never have believed 2 months ago!) The appearance of bomber jackets and shoes & socks here is still a funny sight though – it’s over 25 degrees every day. But even funnier is an Irish girl who refuses to go out in the rain – I had a meeting last week and I needed to go to town to do some printing before it, but I had a postpone it for 30 minutes until the worst of the rain was gone. Generations of building up a genetic code that is oblivious to rain and wind (from the Kerry border to West Clare) have been melted away in just 9 months...