And to continue the theme...
Silver linings...
They still haven't managed to put curtains up in my house
.... there was a magnificant lightening show last night (minus the thunder) that I'd probably have missed otherwise
A transformer blew Wed evening and so there's been no light, ac, fridge etc for 24 hours
.... my neighbours went out of their way to make sure I was okay and I'm alot less visible in my curtainless house without light (!)
There has been no running water since Tues
.... I haven't had to get the jif and the detol out yet to scrub the place
My hotel room had the movie channel
.... there is a house full of people behind me singing psalms (it's only been 20 mins though, this might be tarnished if it's an all-night thing)
My cooker doesn't have a plug fitted yet
.... I found a new suya (bbq meat) place now that I'm around in the evenings
All in all the silver linings win out - three cheers for my new place...
They still haven't managed to put curtains up in my house
.... there was a magnificant lightening show last night (minus the thunder) that I'd probably have missed otherwise
A transformer blew Wed evening and so there's been no light, ac, fridge etc for 24 hours
.... my neighbours went out of their way to make sure I was okay and I'm alot less visible in my curtainless house without light (!)
There has been no running water since Tues
.... I haven't had to get the jif and the detol out yet to scrub the place
My hotel room had the movie channel
.... there is a house full of people behind me singing psalms (it's only been 20 mins though, this might be tarnished if it's an all-night thing)
My cooker doesn't have a plug fitted yet
.... I found a new suya (bbq meat) place now that I'm around in the evenings
All in all the silver linings win out - three cheers for my new place...

<< Home