Another first...
Today I attended my first mass in Minna - it will be good to be part of another community in Minna and get to know more of the locals. However, I realised it was going to be very different from home when I arrived for 10am mass and 8am mass was still on! Clearly running on Nigerian time (which is largely based on estimations rather than any actual correlation to the clock...)
The women dress so beautifully for mass and I realised that I was the only one without her head covered (something I was warned about & promptly forgot!) The people appear to sit according to gender with the women and children on one side of the church and the men on the other side. I found myself on the correct side by accident and was growing curious about the lack of church-going males before I started to look around properly!
Mass was a little over 2 hours long, with the sermon taking half that time. The sermon was funny, interactive & long! All-in-all another positive first experience!
The women dress so beautifully for mass and I realised that I was the only one without her head covered (something I was warned about & promptly forgot!) The people appear to sit according to gender with the women and children on one side of the church and the men on the other side. I found myself on the correct side by accident and was growing curious about the lack of church-going males before I started to look around properly!
Mass was a little over 2 hours long, with the sermon taking half that time. The sermon was funny, interactive & long! All-in-all another positive first experience!

<< Home